Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back from a break

It has been an hour since I sat in front of my laptop to pen something down. I write a sentence...Pause...I go back to Facebook. I look at some of the status updates, comment on a few and raise an eyebrow about the rest. I minimise my FB page and an empty word document stares at me. Facebook can really be a distraction when you are trying hard to concentrate on a task which you have wanted to start for a while now.

I visited my blog after a year today. It was almost like I had forgotten my blog address. Having a blog of my own was something that I desperately wanted when I was in college. It was a perfect platform to write every thought that crossed my mind. For almost a year or two, I did write very regularly. Today when I visited my blog, I was disappointed to see that I haven’t updated my blog for a year. It looked lifeless. I wanted to write.

I decided that I don’t need a special or an interesting topic to write about. I just had to WRITE. I did not have a topic in mind but I still wanted to write.

Writing is one of those things that I love doing because it makes me feel good. It makes me want to write more. Now that I have some free time for a while, I have decided to write regularly.

So my new mantra is to write as often as possible. Write everyday if possible 

2 comments:

  1. Yeahhhh you write everyday and be happy and I ll read ur posts religiously and feel good. I love reading your blog. I think more than u I have visited and read ur blog. :) love it totally darling so please keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too felt exactly the same way today! My other blog is dead from a long long time now. Need to pen down something, but can't think about anything as of now! So I visited your blog again and read the new post finally :) Go on girl.. Write about something.. Dont stop! :)

    ReplyDelete