Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Experience

WEEK1: Delhi

Adjustment is no longer just a word for me. It has a lot more meaning than it had before. I never imagined that shifting to a new place would drain me out mentally and physically. I was trying to push myself to adjust to every new thing that came my way- new city, new kind of food, new people and an absolutely new hostel experience. The challenging part of this phase is that it is never easy and it is of course foolish to expect to wade through this phase easily. Every day of this week started with a bitter feeling of missing home. Every new morning came with a new set of challenges. I had almost given up the hope of getting back to my old self. I desperately wanted my mind to get accustomed to ‘DELHI LIFE’. I wanted to be happy and cheerful. I wanted myself back. Throughout the week I kept thinking about the weekend. The very fact that I would be alone over the weekend made me feel sick. The first thought on my mind on Saturday morning was about how to spend the entire day alone. I was clueless.
However, Life always takes unexpected turns. As I was sitting in my room thinking about home, I got a call from a friend who stays in Delhi. As soon I answered her call she knew I wasn’t the old girl. She realised that I was going through home sickness even before I mentioned it. She just said one thing ‘Shut up and come home, NOW’. I did not hesitate to say a yes. As I entered her apartment I got what I desperately needed at that moment- A HOMELY ATMOSPHERE. I spent the entire day roaming around with her family. I got everything that I wanted. At the end of the day I realised that I have a family in Delhi now. I have MY people here. That’s all I craved for. Thank you to that friend for making me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment